FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – FAQ
About getting married in the US Virgin Islands
- What is the difference between Anne Marie Porter and the other wedding coordinators?
I GIVE you the information that they charge you for. I put you directly in touch with the people who will be so important on your wedding day (photographer, videographer, florist, musician, caterer, bakery, etc.) . This way you can speak to them and their fees are not inflated as they are if booked by another wedding coordinator.
- FAQ – How much is your package?
Four hundred dollars.
- What does it include?
Everything you need to be legally married, in a personalized way, in a gorgeous location. (Officiant, location, witnesses, and certified copy of certifcate of marriage).It also includes unlimited consultations with Anne Marie and names, phone numbers, web sites of any needed vendors (Photographer, videographer, florist, musician, caterer, bakery, etc.). Most importantly it includes personalized guidance by a 33 year resident of St. John who really cares about you.
- Does the $400 include the marriage license?
No you pay that $200 to the court.
It does include the application which can be downloaded from this site. It does include a certified copy of the Certificate of Marriage from the Superior Court, after your wedding
- When should we pay you?
Mail a check today so that on your wedding day, we can focus on the service and celebration. A personal check is fine. You can also go to my web site and pay with Pay Pal.
- Is it legal?
Yes. This is America, and your marriage is recognized worldwide. After your wedding, Anne Marie will file your paperwork with the Superior Court and mail you a certified copy of your certificate of marriage.
- Are their location fees?
No I have already paid the site fees for you to be married on any national park beach or sugar mill ruins. If you want Anne Marie to come to your villa or sail boat for your wedding, there is no additional fee.
- How long do we have to be there before we can get married?
You can pick up your marriage license the day you arrive. The marriage license office is on the same highway as the airport, on St. Thomas. Remember to mail your marriage license application so the court has it for at least 8 days before you arrive
- When is the court open so we can pick up our marriage license?
The court is open Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Is There A Dress Code When We Pick Up Our Marriage License At The Court?
Yes there is. Do not wear shorts or flip flops, sandals, or sleeveless dress or shirt.
2017 OFFICIAL US VIRGIN ISLAND HOLIDAYS
More to come as www.visuperiorcourt.org releases dates
The court is CLOSED:
- New Years Day – Jan. 1
- Administrative Leave – Jan. 2
- Three Kings Day – Jan. 6
- Martin Luther King Day – Jan. 16 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Presidents Day – Feb. 20 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Transfer Day – March 31 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Holy Thursday – April 13 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Good Friday – April 14
- Easter Monday – April 17 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Carnival – April 26 Food Fair – open 8:a.m. to Noon
- Carnival – April 27 Jouvert – open 8:a.m. to Noon
- Carnival – April 28 Childrens Parade (Closed)
- Carnival – April 29 Adults Parade (Closed)
- Memorial Day – May 29
- VI Emancipation Day – July 3 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – Sep 4
- Columbus Day – Oct 9 (9:30am-11:30am) $150.00 Additional Fee
- D. Hamilton Jackson Day – Nov 1 (9:30am-11:30am)
- Veterans Day – Nov 11
- Thanksgiving Day – Nov 23 and 24
- Christmas Eve – Dec 24 open 8:a.m. to Noon
- Christmas Day – Dec 25
- Boxing Day – Dec 26
- New Years Eve – Dec 31 open 10:a.m. to Noon
- New Years Day – Jan 1, 2018
Speak to Anne Marie if you must pick up your license when court is closed.
- FAQ on How do we apply for marriage license?
Click here for information.
- On the marriage license application where it says “Parents Name” what should we do?
Put your fathers name first and your mothers name below it. Do “Place of Birth” the same way.
- On the marriage license application what does “Related to other Applicant” mean?
Are you related by blood to each other? I hope your answer is no.
- And where it says “In what degree?”
write not applicable
- What does “certified copy of divorce decree” mean?
It means to phone the court where your divorce was issued, and ask them to send you a certified copy (stamped with their raised seal) of your divorce decree. This is not notarized, it is certified.
- Can our certified copy of divorce decree be from vital statistics?
Nope. It must be from the court where your divorce was issued and stamped with that court’s raised seal.
- What if we have been divorced more than once ? Do we have to send all past divorce decrees?
No, just your most recent divorce decree.
- Do we sign the marriage license application?
- Should we have the marriage license application notarized?
- Do we have to mail both forms – Application for Marriage License and License and Certificate of Marriage?
Yes, type in and mail both forms.
- What is 8 day posting requirement?
The marriage license office wants your marriage license application & all required paperwork at least 8 days before you pick up the license.
- When should we mail our marriage license application to the Superior Court?
I recommend one month before you plan to pick up your license. The Court only needs to have your application for eight days prior to issuing you the license but lets be on the safe side.
- It’s just the two of us. Will you provide witnesses?
- What if it rains?
You’ll get married when it stops, under the rainbow.
- What should we wear?
Anything you want.
- How far in advance do we need to book you?
As soon as you know your wedding date.
- Will you help us find a place to stay, photographer, videographer, florist, caterer, etc.?
Yes give me a call. Call toll free 888-676-5701 or cell 340-626-4658.
- FAQ – How can we have chairs at our wedding?
Chairs are not recommended because they separate the guests from the bride & groom, they interfere with the fabulous photographs, they are not comfortable for your guests and they are an unnecessary impact on our delicate National Park environment.
- Can we have a champagne toast on our wedding beach?
NO. The National Park does not allow glass (champagne bottle) on beaches.
- Should we rent a jeep?
Yes! You will have the freedom to explore and really enjoy St. John. In the long run, you will save money by not having to take taxis everywhere.
- Why does this site prefer speaking with you than emails?
Anne Marie Porter prefers speaking with you about something as important and personal as your wedding or marriage vow renewal service. One phone call can accomplish more than 10 emails.
Phone toll free 888-676-5701 or 340-626-4658.
- What does your $400 package include?
All pre-wedding consultations. Phone Anne Marie as often as you like. She pays for the calls.
Wedding ceremony at the place and time of your choice.
2 Certified copies of License and Certificate of marriage.
Personalized guidance by a twenty seven year resident of St. John who really cares.
- What is the difference in what you do and what a wedding planner does?
I put you directly in touch with people who will be so important on your wedding day (photographer, videographer, florist, musician, caterer, etc, etc.) so you can speak to them and their fees are not inflated, as they are by if booked by a wedding planner.
- FAQ – What should we do now?
Mail payment to confirm your reservation with Anne Marie or you can also go to my web site and pay with Pay Pal.
Apply for your marriage license.
The $400 fee includes unlimited consultations, marriage ceremony at the time and place of your choice, and 2 certified copies of the license & certificate of marriage.
| Anne Marie Porter |
5000 Estate Enighed PMB7
St. John, USVI 00830
Call toll free 888-676-5701
Anne Marie looks forward to your FAQ and all questions on getting married on St John, VI. The fee of $400 includes unlimited consultations, and marriage ceremony at the time and place of your choice, and certified copy of license and certificate of marriage.